Monday, June 8, 2009

S.A all Day!



I had to, had to, had to... because for all you out there that got sick of the "hip hop" playing on the radio like I did, there is hope and there is an alternative. Fresh new music and your favorite old school too. I started to wonder what the hell happened to good music, I know I'm not an authority in what defines good hiphop/rap but I do know what I like and it definitely cannot be found on our local stations. Correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't tell Power 106 from KIIS FM anymore... so...

Broadcasting live every Monday night Soul Assassins Radio "The West Wing" give it a try if you like it spread the word... REAL Hip Hop, interviews with your fave artists... and you can also listen 24hrs a day... http://www.ustream.tv/channel/soulassassinstv

I have had the pleasure and honor to have gotten to meet Dj Muggs and Solo, while interning for Soul Assassins last summer and fall. Although I already knew about S.A, it gave me a bigger appreciation of artists that don't deal with the corporate bullshit... I had the opportunity to help with the marketing and promo efforts and really got to see the insider perspective of how hard these artists really work...not to mention to step in the studio where these masterpieces are produced and where the S.A radio show is produced and broadcast. That isn't to say thats the only reason I talk about it all the time, its just that I know there are many out there like me that are sick of radio and tired of burning new cds...

For those who don't know Soul Assassins is an artist collective, not just musicians...

Dj Muggs, Estevan Oriol, Mister Cartoon, Cypress Hill, La Coka Nostra, GZA, Alchemist, Dj Solo, SIck Jacken... click the pic below to check out SoulAssassins.com for the latest blogs, merchandise, and show info.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment